It's been 100 years, I know!
I need to update you on my newest obsessions...
- Brooches, especially bug brooches. I fancy wearing three bugs at a time.
- Intaglios (pronounced with a silent "g"). These plaster cameos were educational souvenirs that were all the rage in the early 19th century during the grand tours of Europe. I think of these as the early predecessor of the smooshed penny souvenir.
- Vintage menu cards, I am fascinated by what dishes were served for holidays and special occasions.
- Cookbooks having to do with the Presidents and First Ladies. I vote for President Kennedy's chef as my favorite.
- Pressed glass souvenir plates from royal coronations. WARNING, these plates are very affordable!!!
What are you collecting?